Join me in conversation for the first episode in the Wellness Series with Paula Naponse, an Anishinaabe kwe from Aitkameksheng Anishinaabek in Ontario. Paula is a designer, educator and entrepreneur. All the work that Paula does is based on the belief that Indigenous people have cultural knowledge that can drive communities ahead if we embrace who we are. We have languages, systems, teachings that can be used to create our own education systems, economic development initiatives and improve our emotional and spiritual health.
Paula was blessed with a life with a husband who was able to help her see that there is so much more to life. He was lost to this physical world in an auto accident three years ago. Living in grief, Paula knows that there is still so much more work to do to carry on his legacy, work and spirit. Paula is blessed to be a single parent with four children who inspire her every day and who are also teachers of life and love.
Paula holds a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education and a Master of Education. Paula also has a clothing/accessories business called Ondarez Clothing and Goods which is line of lifestyle wear to showcase the positive life on a First Nation.
Paula is presently living in an urban environment but her heart is in Atikameksheng and is presently working with the urban Indigenous community to build an Indigenous School for elementary aged children.
To learn more about Paula Naponse Business and Websites visit:
· Website: https://www.ondarez.com/
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pnaponse
· IG: https://www.instagram.com/paula_naponse/
· Twitter: https://twitter.com/pjnap
· LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paula-naponse-1a26073b/
• If this episode made you reflect + relate + reimagine + smile, please share it with your circle so that others can enjoy this beautiful story.
Connect with Talks With A Fox Podcast Community at:
· Website: https://talkswithafoxpodcast.buzzsprout.com/
· IG: https://www.instagram.com/talkswithafoxpodcast/
· FB: https://www.facebook.com/talkswithafoxpodcast/
· YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO9x9w6TZAVJsefuus0Rfuw
Thank you for connecting with us and for being part of the Talks With A Fox Podcast family! I would love to hear from you when you write a review and when you leave a 5-star rating - you help me to continue creating meaningful content and providing a safe space for Indigenous voices and communities.
Hand to Heart,
Andrea + Talks With A Fox Podcast Team 🦊
Please check out the Talks With A Fox Podcast Patreon (see link below) to find out how you can support the podcast! ❤️Support the show